What is dental insurance?
Dental insurance covers the patient against dental costs. It is not uncommon to have a dental insurance or dental plan together with your health insurance. Some employer will offer some form of dental insurance over and above the company medical insurance.
Unlike health insurance that covers diagnosing, treating and curing serious illnesses, dental insurance mostly covers preventive treatment. Dental treatment is highly predictable and very often non-catastrophic. Most dentists will advise patients to have at least one check-up every six months, that kind of preventive treatment is covered by most good dental insurances.
Dental plans very often encourage patients to have regular dental check and promote good dental hygiene, it is in there best interest to offer such plans with the dental insurance.
Do i need dental insurance?
As mentioned, unlike health insurance, dental insurance is very predictable and as such is not always a good candidate for insurance.
For example, most dental insurance will offer $1000.00 cover per year, but the fact is that most patients never require more than $100.00 per year. Self funding might be a better option as it removes the dental insurance overheads.
The employer option
But if something goes wrong then you might need a comprehensive dental insurance cover or access to funds that you might not have.
This is why some employers offer Direct Reimbursement (D.R.), the employer takes a percentage of salary into a dental insurance fund and this covers the employees.
The insurance companies response
To offer cheaper dental insurances than the one offered by employers, insurance companies responded with HMO’s and Preferred Provider Plans (PPO’s). Under those plans the insurance can offer cheaper premiums, but the treatments offered are often very limited. Another problem is that the dentists often increase the waiting lists and limit specialist treatments.
The common options
Although the employer dental insurance is often the better option you need to look at that they actually offer you.
Who will select the dentist?
- Open Panel, you choose the dentist without any restrictions.
- Close Panel, you are given a list of dentist to select, they in turn signed an agreement controlling their charges with the dental insurance company.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Group of dentist that offer to charge less, if you want someone else, you might need to pay the difference.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO), Group of dentist that offer to charge a lot less, but then the client cannot go anywhere else, (unless they pay the full price).
As you can see the more you go down the list the more restrictive the options are, typically an Self-Funded Insurers will offer an open panel whereas Dental Service Corporations and Insurance Carriers will offer EPO’s.
How is the dentist compensated?
- Payment plan, the patient pays a monthly fee to the insurer and in turn the insurer pays the dentists/specialist.
- Capitation Plans, the dentists charges the insurance company a certain amount per-capita, (per patient), and in turn offer to treat the patient.
- Direct Reimbursement Plans,
Operating a small business takes a constant stream of cash to keep the business productive and growing. You may have bad business habits that are causing you to lose money. If you want to stay out of the red and keep all the money you earn there are some simple ways to save money.
1) Save money by returning all phone calls as soon as possible. Not returning phone calls can cause people to turn away from your business and on to the competition. Since you fail to get back to them quickly they may think you are not serious enough about your product or service. An excellent call return rate would be about 2 hours; if this is not possible return phone calls no later than a day. At the most 2 days is you are tied up in meetings or traveling.
2) Save money by checking your voice mail, answering machine, and every other communication outlet. You may have several ways for clients to reach you such as phone, email, fax and other tools to receive business contacts and communication it is important to have a system to check them all. Travel with your passwords in a secure or encrypted location and check at least twice a day all your communication tools. As you check your communication outlets make note of high priority items and tend to them quickly.
3) Save money and make money by billing promptly. You want the client to pay you soon as you deliver the product or complete the service. Carry the invoice with you as you perform the duties, therefore when you finish you can get it signed and leave it with the client. Prompt billing allows for quick payment and increased cash flow. The longer you wait for bill it is likely the client will consider your bill as a non-priority, and if they are working with a tight budget the non-priorities will wait. If this client requires 2-3 notifications before payment is sent, imagine the amount of time you will wait if you bill late.
4) Save money by reading all your mail – including bills. If you can not attend to them right away file the bills somewhere accessible and in plain sight. Opening the bills will provide you with knowledge of late fees, penalties and protect your company from over charges. Un-opened bills can also lead to lost bills when you are ready to pay. Ultimely unpaid bills lead to possible loss of a vendor and if you were originally considered a preferred client that status may also be in jeopardy. It is important to hold on to your best vendors because they might be the ones who make an important or lucrative project possible for you in the future. …
Wanting to work from home with an internet business is a great goal. Many companies operating today started with that same dream and found success. Some by trial and error and others due to planning and knowing how to start an internet business. In theory, there is no difference in starting an internet business than starting any other type of business.
There is an old saying that goes if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail and that is true when starting a business. Having enough cash to last while you get the business up and running to pay the bills is one of the primary things that you need to consider. Not just for the business, as unless you maintain another source of income while starting a new one, you will also need living expenses.
A website will be the crux of your internet business and you can either build one yourself or pay someone to put together a quality site for you. It may not need to be earth-shattering with all the bells and whistles some sites are populated with, but it does need to present a level of professionalism to agree with the presentation of the business you are offering.
If you are offering retail sales, then a secure shopping cart will be necessary and will need to be integrated into your website. Customers who can not find a simple way to pay for purchases will simply become visitors.
Getting people to your site will be your next consideration because the phrase build it and they will come only applied to the baseball field in the movie. It will not work in business. Unless you are prepared with a large budget for advertising and marketing, you will have to look at alternative methods of letting the world know you are in business and ready to help them.
Marketing on a shoestring can be done, but you will need to be prepared to do a lot of things on your own.
By working from home you can usually establish your own hours and your own dress code, however a professional appearance will be mandated during the times you meet with customers or prospective clients. You will also have to have the motivation to get up and work from home even on those days you really do not feel like it, just as though you were working for someone else in their office. You have to show up in order to get your work done.If you are thinking of working from home, and you still have a full-time job, before walking away from it you may want to work from home on a part-time schedule to learn what it is going to take to solicit work and get it done on time once you get the contract. Depending on the type of work you do, if it involves having clients visit your home office, you will also have to consider the cost of liability insurance to protect …
Time Management of business and private life is like dancing on a rope just under the roof in the circus. The most important, giving and supportive part of our lives is time with the life we fully enjoy, money or no money. That will normally be our private lives while business and work life is a different matter, another kind of passion.
Where Did The Hours Go To?
Having started a business, can be internet business or offline no matter which one, does change daily routines and can make us forget how to smartly and effectively divide the limited hours available for work, business and personal life.
It is so easy time-wise to overwhelm the business-part of life. I have seen many business peoples life suffer because they are so absorbed in their business that they do not even realize that they are forgetting their personal life.
Where Did It Go Wrong?
I know business people who still do not understand when they find themselves increasingly alone and, even when a good friend dares the friendship and suggests some different ways to manage time, their comment is:
"Oh, I do not need managing my time better, I already manage my time perfectly well."
Actually so well that their personal life is getting destroyed.
The day they realize this is when they sit by themselves in a big mess thinking: "What Happened? Where did it go wrong?"
I do not want this to happen to you.
I think there is a best way for everyone to exercise time management when organizing business and personal hours.
First remember the reason we work hard to get the business better, to get more freedom and time for all the things we dream about.
But without thinking about exactly how and where every days 24 hours are spent you risk jeopardizing everything including all dreams for yourself and the ones close to you.
I do not mean you have to say like: From 8.45 to 9.00 am I am doing so and so but it is important to take the time to nourish the two areas business and personal life.
Easy Ways To Learn Basic Time Management
Today it is not at all difficult to find free super tools to help manage your time the way you want it, and It will save you unnecessary confrontations that are not supporting your efforts for an improved lifestyle.
I am not a super technical person so as a principle I always choose tools and applications that are easy to handle. These tools make it possible for you to really get a realistic picture of how you now spend your time. Doing this is quite revealing and you might get surprised. I know I did and I certainly had not expected that.
Get That Precious Picture of YOUR Time
Here are a few basic areas where you can start out evaluating per day, week or month how much time you in reality spend where: