Why Do People Steal Your Identity?
Sometimes, it is hard to understand why a person would want to steal your identity. However, there are many reasons that a person would steal an identity and they are not all good ones. Criminal minds act out of rebelliousness, desperation, and for personal gain. They all have their own purposes for stealing your identity, but they all possess a negative impact on the victim’s lives that they steal. Stealing your identity is easy for them, and it is crucial that you always use identity theft protection tactics in your life or this is how they will use you identity:
- Fraud via credit cards- Thieves steal your information and especially your credit card numbers so that they can make large purchases in your name. They do not worry about your credit because they do not have to suffer the consequences. Identity thieves change the billing address of the credit card companies so you do not know when that have committed the crime.
- Utilities and phone- Sometimes these criminals steal your identity to use for purposes of hooking up utilities and phone accounts in your name. This way they can ruin your credit and reputation as well as benefit when they have already done this to their own good standings.
- Financial and bank- Identity thieves will steal your personal information so that they may create bank accounts in your good name as well as take out loans they never intend on repaying. Also they steal ATM cards, write counterfeit checks, and take your life savings in an instant.
- Employment and legal- You can have your identity taken with government documents such as social security cards, drivers licenses, even birth certificates. These smooth minds take this information to obtain employment, governmental benefits, for tax purposes and to receive medical treatment.
- Personal gain-Complete and utter desperation will cause people do do crazy things. Identity theft gives a person a new self, reputation, and history. With this a person can evade the law, escape their life, and start all over while ruining someone else’s life.
Although you may not want to deal with the fact that identity theft is very popular, it is best to bee safe and not sorry. Ignorance could cause you great hassle and financial short-comings. In order to protect yourself from the various reasons a person may steal your identity you need to be aware of all the facets that identity theft involves. With this unique knowledge and understanding, you will be able to beat this horrific crime before it happens to you.