Remove Personal Security – Personal Security Removal Instructions
Personal security is a fake anti-spyware application which displays false pop-ups and security alerts. It reports false infections and security threats on your computer in order to make you think that your computer has been infected. It is in fact a clone of Total security and cyber security malwares. It stimulates system scan and asks you to pay for a version of personal security for removing the infections from your computer.
The fact is that the security threats which are reported either do not exist or are harmless files. It will also block your real security software in order to protect itself from getting deleted. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you should not purchase this application and must immediately take necessary actions to get rid of this threat from your computer as soon as you can.
How Personal Security Spreads to my computer?
The distribution channel of this malware includes peer-to-peer networks, hacked website pages and emails. They also use social engineering in order to distribute the infection. You should also know that it is very important to remove personal security since it usually presents itself as a flash update or video codec or in the form of any other useful software. You must ensure that you do not install anything downloaded from suspicious websites otherwise your computer might get infected if you do not remove personal security.
To make matters worse, most of the time you would not even think about personal security removal since it impersonates windows security. It will show you messages that you will have to activate personal security since your computer is not protected. In fact, legitimate programs do not promote any anti-virus software at all. You might see several different types of pop-ups and alert messages if your computer has been infected. If that is the case, you will have to remove personal security manually as soon as possible.
How to remove personal security?
Given below is the complete guide on personal security removal:
1. Start the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
2. Next, click on “Processes” and then press “Ctrl”. Next press on winglon. Exe, unins000.exe, services.exe and PerAvir.exe in order to select them all together. Click on End Process and then close Task Manager.
3. The next thing to do is to click on the Run icon and then on start in Windows 7 and Vista.
4. Type in regedit and then click OK in order to launch the registry editor. Browse and delete the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Personal Antivirus
Once done close the registry editor.
5. Go to the start option and click on search. Search the hard drive which you want. Type in pav.exe and enter to begin the search. Delete all of the items which you find there. Do the same for iv.exe, services.exe, pguard.ini, log.txt, personal antivirus and uninstall personal antivirus. Once you finish deleting all of these files, restart the computer and personal security removal would have been successfully completed.
These were the main steps which you must follow in order to remove this threat. You must remember that in most cases it is even difficult to realize that the computer has been affected by a virus since application presents itself in such a way that it is hard to detect it. It is strongly recommended that you use a software which prevents your computer in real time from all the threats!