Online Accident Attorney And Personal Injury Lawyers
In the flash of a second, an auto accident can seriously alter your life. Know that if you have suffered an ill-fated auto accident with no fault of yours, by the law of the land, you have every right to receive compensation. Please read the following and find out the proper procedures you have to undertake to claim liability.
Some of the most common accidents happening on our roads today are:
- caused by hit-and-run
- between Car-Pedestrian
- involving car-Motorcycle
- caused by Car-Bicycle
- involving buses
- accidents caused by road debris
There are certain Do's and Don'ts that you have to follow:
Crucial do's to follow after an auto accident:
- Call the cops: When the police arrive they will make a formal report and identify the guilty party.
- Visit a doctor or hospital: Most of the time, we are unaware of certain injuries that are caused by auto accidents. The doctor will help create a report which states all the medical problems incurred by the accident. Doctor's records always win big points in court.
- Find information: Make a list that includes contact details of all the people who were in the car / vehicle, eye-witnesses etc. Importantly, obtain license plate numbers, insurance knowledge, VIN details, etc.
- Start Shooting: Always carry a decent disposable camera in your car so that you have a detailed and lucid account of the accident. Remember that the things you consider minor may end up being the most important. On many occasions, people do not make records and this is detrimental to receiving compensation.
- Contact an auto personal injury attorney: A skilled car accident attorney will help you tackle the people from the insurance agencies, discuss the accident with the other drivers, and make a formal account of all the injuries caused due to the accident.
Crucial do's to avoid after an accident:
- Never admit to being guilty: Auto accident procedures are complicated and lengthy and you should never give an admission of fault. After minute investigation, it may be diagnosed that it really was not your fault in the first place. Those who admit to being guilty may not be compensated.
- Never runaway from the crime scene: Even if you were at fault, this reduces your chances of receiving compensation. Furthermore, it is illegal.
- Do not wait for anyone: Do not lose time in calling up the insurance companies and hiring a lawyer. The more you delay the less your chances of achieving compensation. Remember that hiring a personal injury lawyer will only increase the chances of you getting compensated.
- Do not sign any papers, at all: Do not sign anything that requires a signature unless you have consulted a skilled and completed lawyer.
Accidents are hard on those who have suffered and their family and friends. Keep your cool, and if you have done absolutely no harm, refrain from freaking out. Do maintain all records and mostly hire a profitable attorney.