Everybody dreams of owning a house at one point of time. But possessing a house is no joke. It requires careful consideration and planning to make such a heavy investment. A lot many things have to be kept in mind before buying any property. The main concern is finance but there are so many other things that are directly related to it.
Here are some factors that should be considered before buying a property:
1) Stability of income: Doing well in your work and earning good money may excite you to buy property at the moment. But it is very important to analyze your financial condition before making any big purchase. How stable your job is at the moment, will your salary increase in some time, what are your other expenses and how safe is it to invest in an asset are some of the most important questions to answer. If you’re uncertain of your future income situation, then picking up a mortgage isn’t a really good idea at the moment. Wait for some time and save more money for down payment.
2) Credit Score: A credit score is a statistical number that depicts a person’s creditworthiness. Lenders use a credit score to evaluate the possibility of a person to repay his debts. It also determines the rate of interest at which the mortgage will be given if it gets approved by the bank or creditors.
3) Personal commitments: What are your personal goals? What expenses do you see in the near future? Are you getting married or planning a baby? What are the expenses that may delay your mortgage buying? All these events will incur heavy expenses and may delay your property buying task. Ask these questions to yourself and consult your dear ones before planning to take such a major step.
4) Real Estate scenario: What is the real estate trend in your area? Are the property prices going upwards or are in a stable state. If the prices have gone up, will your finances allow you to make that purchase? Some area of your city may be attracting a lot many builders hence the rate of property might be on an upsurge. If the prices are going down, you may be lucky in buying your desired property at affordable rate.
5) Expectations from the property: Buying a home may be for different purposes- it could be for your own use or may be your second home i.e. investment. Since investing in real estate is considered to be the safest bet, a lot many people buy homes and put it on rent to get returns. If you are buying it for your own purpose, you may prefer a specific locality or a specific area, but if buying for investment, you may overlook such points and just concentrate on buying a property that may suit your budget.…