Have you ever thought of becoming a professional spray tanner but do not know where to start? Use the following as a guide to get you off to a quick start.
1.Increase Your Knowledge And Expertise In The Spray Tanning Industry.
If you are just a beginner obviously you are going to need to increase your knowledge. Here are just a few questions you will need to know. What is spray tanning? How does the skin change color? How long does the tan last? What are the Golden Rules to make sure the tan lies as long as possible? What solution should you use? What type of machine should I purchase? What are the risks associated with tanning and what is the best technique to use. In my eBook I answer all these questions plus many more.
2.Determine What Type Of Spray Tanning Business You Want To Operate.
Determine if you will operate as a mobile spray tanner, a home business or a fixed beauty salon. You can also consider operating as a home based business that offers mobile tanning. This ensures you are covering many client's needs and wants. There may be clients that do not drive or have children and can not leave the house. There are some things you need to consider for these types of businesses.
3. Understand The Correct Business Licenses And Business Registrations You Will Need.
Your business will require different types of licenses and registrations to run successfully and legally. This may take time to register your business and obtain all the correct licenses. Once it is all set up you will not have to think about it ever again. Take your time and do not rush this process. You do not need a contractor or beauty license to operate a spray tanning business in most countries (please check your countries qualifications). You will need to decide on a business name and register the name with your local Department of Fair Trading. You will need to register an Business Number with the tax office.
4. Develop A Business Plan To Start Your Road To Success.
The most crucial part of any successful business is the planning stage and must not be overlooked. A business plan will be your road map to how you expect to succeed and how you will measure your success. Take time developing a business plan and write it down and refer back to it. This is not a race, it's a real business that you would like to profit from so take your time to plan your business. This is where small business go wrong. They do not take the time to develop a written business plan. The business plan is also very important if you need to borrow money from a bank, it shows the profitability of a business prior to committing to invest, it will address any issues of the business, it includes clear guidelines for the operation of the business, It shows clear direction of the business and how to maintain focus!
5. How To Develop Exceptional Customer Service Skills And Gain Credibility So You Stand Head And Shoulders Above Your Competitors.
In spray tanning people are your business. Without people you would not have a business. Customer service is essential to a successful business and should be taken very seriously. When customers are unhappy with your products or service, the person they speak to can make the difference between a happy customer, and an ex-customer. Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising as it is free. The spray tanning business relationships heavily on word of mouth so developing exceptional customer service skills is paramount to your business!
6. Purchase The Right Equipment.
When starting your own spray tanning business it is so important to have the good quality equipment suitable to the type of business you want to operate. It is important to purchase your equipment off a legitimate supplier who offers a warranty or guarantee. Let's investigate the different types of equipment you will need for your spray tanning business:
– Spray tan machine: There are a few different types of machines. Some are large which means you can not easily use them for a mobile business. Other machines are light weight suitable for a mobile operator or home based business.
– Automatic Spray Machine: If you want to run a fixed spray tanning salon you will also need to consider whether you would offer automatic spray tanning booths for your clients.
– Pop Up Tent: You will definitely need a spray tan tent even if you are tanning from home, going mobile or tanning in a fixed salon. The pop up tent will stop the overspray of solution going everywhere and there will be less solution to clean up.
– Color / Solution: The solutions have come along way since the days when tanning would turn your skin orange. The solutions have advanced as there is more information and education about spray tanning. There is much more equipment to consider for example towels, spray tan remover, products to compliment tan, hair nets, g-strings, sticky feet, nose plugs, masks etc.
7. How To Advertise Your Business That Could Literally Make You Hundred Of Profits. When starting a business, advertising and promoting is crucial to the success of your business. Advertising does not have to be expensive with a bit of work and creativity there are a number of ways you can advertise your business. Make sure you remember to budget for advertising and promoting in the business costs.
– Advertise A Grand Opening In The Local Paper With Special Offers To Good To Refuse.
– Create Your Own Flyers And Business Cards. (You can create free business cards at vistaprint.com).
– Design Your Own Business Website.
– Approach Local Modeling Agencies, Acting Schools And Casting Agents.
– Contact Your Local Photographers.
– Organise A Spray Tan Party.
– Advertise At Bridal Expos To Offer Spray Tanning Hens Parties Or Specials For The Bridal Party.
There are hundreds more ways to attract clients through advertising and most of it is FREE advertising you just have to get out there and approach other businesses and people. Find out more ways to advertise in my spray tanning eBook.
You do not need need to go and pay thousands of dollars to learn how to spray tan at a private college. It does not have to cost a lot to get set up and start spray tanning. There are training manuals out there that will teach you everything you need to know and more.
Learning how to spray tan has been fun, inexpensive and easy to do. I love my new all over brown glow that I can have anytime I want without having to go to the salon. I can get my tan in the privacy of my own home!
If you are interested in learning how to spray tan then I highly recommend you check out the link below.