Updated on November 23, 2018 by admin
Finding affordable insurance in the state of Arizona may not be as difficult as you think as long as you are armed with a bit of insurance information. If you know how the insurance companies think, it will be easier to present your home in a way favorable to your insurer. Here are a few tips:
1. Check your credit: Did you know that insurance companies in Arizona have the right to check your credit and use that information in determining your insurance rate? According to insurance company statistics, credit rating is a good indication as to whether or not you will submit many and large claims. They have found that policyholders with poor credit tend to put in more claims than policyholders with good credit.
2. Seek discounts: If you are a member of a professional association, you may be entitled to insurance premium discounts. Some companies offer credits to senior citizens 55 and over. Ask your insurance company which credits you may qualify for.
3. Do not insure the land: In the event of a total loss, the land will still be there. Do not include the value of the land in your policy limit. Remember, the insurance company's goal is to help you to return to a pre-loss state. If your house burns to the ground, remember, the ground is not affected.
4. When you find a company you like, stick with them. Insurance companies reward their loyal customers in the form of credit discounts.
5. Upgrade your house: If you live in an older home and you have upgraded your plumbing and electrical systems, let your insurance company know. The chances of them having to pay a claim because of a burst pipe or an electrical fire will decrease dramatically. All new systems can translate to premium savings.
6. Shop: Always shop around. The same risk rated by two different insurance companies may produce two different premiums. Search and compare. …