Updated on August 4, 2017 by admin
I am an insurance salesman and I think that most of the business sucks. Here is what I mean.
Daily if not almost hourly I am approached by someone new who wants me to sell their products for them. The pitch is always the same. Commissions and service.
If I sell their products I will get higher commissions. Experience has taught me that this is nothing but a lie. Almost all commissions paid by insurance companies are the same. The difference is how much are these marketing companies taking off the top. They all want me to sell their products so they can make more money off my hard work and my personal investment in marketing.
It is nice deal they have, I work and they get paid.
Think of an insurance product like a three legged stool. One leg is the client’s interest, one leg is the company’s interest and the other leg is the marketer’s interest. Anytime more is added to one leg than the other the stool is lopsided. All three legs need to be equal or someone is taken advantage of. So when a marketing company offers me an “out of whack” commission I know where it is coming from…the company, NO! It is coming from the customer. It has to!
All aspects need to be fair and if one is more than the others the stool falls over.
Then there is their other pitch….service.
I always substitute the service word with the GREED word. I mean exactly how much service do I need? I handle my own applications, I transfer my own money and I deliver my own policies. What sort of service do they offer? You are correct, nothing. For what a marketing company makes off my sales they can do a lot more than service as far as I am concerned. What could they do?
o Pay for marketing and
o Pay bonuses
Then there is this that always stops them in their tracks. I will never do business with anyone who doesn’t give me two things:
1. A pre-release so I can move anytime without their permission
2. Full disclosure of how much they make on my sales
Make them tell you and always demand full disclosure. Disclosure is not their favorite subject and very few will actually share their contracts. Hold your ground because they will eventually show you. What if they are making too much of an override, is it ever fair? The answer is yes! There are a few marketing companies out there who do a great job and provide enough benefits to actually earn the overrides. Search them out; they are the ones to do business with. Here are my favorites:
o Financial Independence Group (FIG Marketing)…North Carolina
o Northwest Planning…Spokane, Washington
o The Annuity Source…Seattle, Washington
o Brokers International…Iowa
To be honest I really like selling insurance. It provides me with a nice income as well as total management of my time. Select the best marketing partners …
Updated on August 10, 2017 by admin
You can be in business for yourself, if you start your own lawn aeration business, that will let you be your own boss, and you can make good money doing it also. Usually, lawn aeration is a process where a machine, like a big lawnmower, basically, has spikes sticking out that press into the ground. These spikes, or hollow tubes, push down into the dirt, and pull plugs of dirt out, so that the roots underground can breathe better, and get better water and oxygen to the roots, to keep them green and healthy.
Most landscapers will tell you, you should aerate your lawn twice a year. The lawn aeration machine usually is pretty heavy, and also comes with weights, that you can add to the machine to make it even heavier, to punch deeper holes in the ground. It has to punch the holes into the ground hard, and the deeper it can pull a plug out, the better it is for your lawn. The plugs usually are just left on top of the lawn, and they will eventually disappear, and break down back into the yard again, so there is no reason to rake them up.
You pretty much pull up to your customer’s home, and get the lawn aeration machine out. You would go over the whole yard, just like you would a lawn mower. Most lawn aerators charge more than lawn maintenance personnel. Usually, that is because a lawn aerator machine will cost a couple of thousand dollars, whereas, a lawn mower, will only cost a couple of hundred dollars on average. The basic home owner will buy a lawn mower, and maybe leave it in the garage. But not too many home owners are going to go out and buy a lawn aerator machine. Especially if they only need to use it 2 times a year. If a machine cost $2,000, let’s say, for example, and you charged, for example, $50, to aerate the yard, it would take the home owner 20 years to get a better deal on aerating and pay off his machine. So, it only makes sense for them to have you do it!
Make sure you have signs on your vehicle, that way other new customers in the neighborhood your working in, can get your telephone number so they can call you to do their yard later on. Try to network with other landscaping companies that do landscaping, but don’t offer lawn aerating. Offer them a commission for any jobs they send to you. You can also make up a flier to mail out to many lawn maintenance and landscapers and let them know you are looking for extra jobs. Just contacting a few of them, will get you a lot of jobs. After you get lots of jobs, you can teach others how to run the lawn aerating machine for you, while you concentrate on making your business even bigger.…
Updated on August 4, 2017 by admin
Property is a prized possession, and to safeguard it from unexpected damages in the event of fire, flood, earthquake, etc. getting a home insurance is always necessary. However, if your existing health policy is exhausting your monthly income, listed below are a few sure shot ways with which you can control your home insurance costs:
1. Shop around: The decision of buying a home insurance policy should not be taken in haste. Instead, you must explore and make a list of insurance policies that are being offered by various insurance providers. You may also get insurance quotes online to estimate the costs of different policies. Choose a reliable company from which you can buy the comprehensive home insurance plan that suits your needs, and of course, your budget.
2. Increase your deductibles: Deductibles is the fraction of the claim that you have to pay before your insurer pays the claim as per the terms of the policy. The higher the deductibles you set, the lower premiums you will have to pay every month. However, you must set the deductibles as high you can afford.
3. Locate intelligently: Purchase the property in a strategic location but make sure that it is based away from the damage-prone areas. Reason being, if you live in a disaster-prone areas where flood, storm or earthquakes are a common occurrence, there are chances that your home insurance policy may have a separate deductible for such kind of damages.
4. Avoid making small claims: This is the most common mistake that many people make. You exhaust your policy in small claims thus leaving no room for bigger loss protection. Rather it is advised to deal with smaller issues on your own and keep this policy to protect your home from bigger catastrophic losses.
5. Improve home security: To avoid getting your home damaged from little mishaps, it is suggested to increase the security in your home by installing devices like smoke detectors, burglar alarm, etc.
6. Merge Policies with one Insurer: Just like you pool your internet, phone, and TV package, you can also merge your insurance policies with one insurer. Buy your health insurance, homeowners, life, and auto insurance plan from one insurance company and come out cheaper by bundling these insurance products together. You may also buy policies in a package that is less expensive as compared to single policies. It also liberates you from the trouble of policy renewal.
7. Eliminate Unnecessary Coverage: Don’t buy the coverage you don’t need. Like earthquake coverage is often unnecessary in most zones, don’t include jewelry if it is at a catchpenny price etc. Also exclude a land value from your policy. Covering land on which your house is constructed is simply of no use as it is unlikely that your land will be stolen or burnt is fire. So to save big, insure the value of your home only.
There are many insurance providers who offer age and profession discounts as well. Some times there certain discounts …