Updated on August 4, 2017 by admin
Whether you are planning a class reunion or a family reunion, one of the biggest obstacles to overcome is how to get people to purchase tickets for the event.
Planning a reunion is hard enough, but when you don’t know how many people to expect, it is next to impossible. It is very important to know well in advance how many people are coming to the reunion events you are planning. How else can you predict the size of the space you should rent, the amount of food to order, and what kind of entertainment to book?
The following 5 tips are essential if you want to make your life easier as the organizer of your class reunion or family reunion.
1. Generate a lot of interest for the reunion. The best way to do this is to create a class reunion website or family reunion website where you can communicate all of the details of events, and entertain everyone with some great content from years gone by. There are reunion website builders that require no special skills or knowledge to make a professional website that will help in the entire planning process and increase attendance at the reunion.
2. Guarantee your guests that if the reunion ends up getting cancelled they will get a refund. This is another concern that many people have, so if you alleviate this worry, you remove another excuse they may have not to pay for their ticket.
3. Come up with some incentives for people to commit early to the reunion. Offer people an early bird special, and discount the price for people who purchase their tickets by a certain date.
4. Offer people who buy tickets by a certain date a chance at entering a draw to win a prize if they buy their tickets by a certain date. The prize can be a free ticket to the event or a gift that you are able to get for free from a member of the committee.
5. Give people several options to pay for a ticket. That means allowing people to send a check by mail, pay cash in person or pay with a credit card on your class reunion website or family reunion website. Paying by credit card is much easier than writing a check, so if you only accept checks you give people another reason to procrastinate and put off making a decision about coming to the reunion or not.
Another great reason to create a reunion website is that people like to know who else is coming to the reunion. Encourage people to spread the word about the reunion website and update their profiles so people can connect before the big event.…